"Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about"
Summer has arrived, and so has the heat. While we still need to fill our universe with positive vibrations, and wake up the healthy way, our chai doesn’t have to be piping hot, like it was in the cold winter. Here are a few easy ways to make an iced chai latte at home, without unhealthy syrups. All of our chais contain natural spices that are grown sustainably. Although you we suggest using Mummyji’s Masala Chai for this, you can also try Om Chai, Vanilla Chai, or Kama Sutra Chai. You can also brew a non caffeinated iced chai latte with our Belly Dancer Chai. These recipes are quick brews that can be ready to consume in about 20 mins. We will be releasing our slow brew methods in the coming weeks. There is two ways to make this delicious summer treat, the traditional Indian way in a sauce pan, or with our authentic chai tea bags, that have the same great flavour but none of the pesky clean up. Both ways will have you in flavour country, sending cooling vibrations through your body.
Quick Brew methods:
Makes 2 cups of iced chai latte
- The Traditional Way
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add 2 full teaspoons of *Mummyji’s Masala Chai spice infused loose tea.
- Boil the chai for 3 minutes
- Strain the chai into a cup that can cool the hot beverage. The chai concentrate can be cooled in the refrigerator for about an hour or chilled in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- fill the glass with half of the chai concentrate and then fill the rest of the cup with ice and add milk, or milk alternatives.
- Sweeten with honey or other sweetener and garnish with cinnamon stick.
- Steeping with tea bags
- Steep 2 tea bags of Mummyji masala chai in 1 cup of boiling water for 6-8 minutes
- Remove tea bags. Pour the chai concentrate into a cup that can cool the hot beverage. The chai concentrate can be cooled in the refrigerator for about an hour or chilled in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour chai concentrate halfway into a cup with ice and add milk, or milk alternative
- Sweeten with honey or sweetener of your choice and garnish with cinnamon stick.
Which ever method you use choose, if you use our authentic chai, the results are mind blowing. Get your caffeine without the coffee crash, and with the added health benefits that come from masala spices. Stay cool with these amazing recipes that are sure to dazzle your pallet and cool your body. We have many more cold brew recipes that we will be releasing this summer to help beat the heat and stay focused. Namaste!