“Let Go of Your Worries and Cares and Invite, with Each Breath, Stability and Balance into Your Life”
In Indian tradition each of the 7 Chakras are located at a vital point in the body and combine to center the body’s energy for maximum balance. The 7 Chakras are wheels of spinning energy central to the relationship with higher consciousness in life. Ancestral knowledge describes how energy can get stuck in those Chakras in the body and disrupt this link. The 7 Chakras include the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye and Crown Chakras that work to create synergy between body mind and spirit. After discussing what each of the 7 Chakras are we will look at 3 ways they can be rejuvenated helping your body and energy return to homeostasis.
- The Root Chakra, or Muladhara, translates to the root of all existence and is strongly linked to Earth energy. It is known as the seat of the red bindu which when connected to the white bindu unites Shakti and Shiva, the source of masculine and feminine energy. The 1st Chakra deals with communication and stability as a Mantra of life.
- The Sacral Chakra, or Svadhistana, relates to the establishment of self and creative energy in life. The 2nd Chakra is represented by a 6 petaled lotus symbolizing modes of consciousness including Vritti and affection. It is also connected to taste as well as reproduction and sexual health and is important in the nature and circle of life.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra, or Manipura, translates to city of jewels and has a strong association with colours. It further relates to power and is the source which the notion of “gut feeling” comes from. The 3rd Chakra gives wisdom and self confidence and relates to fire. It oversees digestion and the proper regulation of metabolism in the body.
- The Heart Chakra, or Anahata, means unstuck and deals with feelings of pure serenity. The 4th Chakra is based around the mantra to “follow one’s heart” and is a proponent of making decisions based on higher consciousness. It is symbolized as a lotus with 12 petals and deals with Vritti a concept important in Yoga.
- The Throat Chakra, or Vishuddha, is the purification center of the body. An open Throat Chakra translates to learning and success in life. The 5th Chakra is described as white in colour with 16 purple smoked petals. It allows for personal truths to be voiced and through Yoga can help to produce lucid dreams.
- The Third Eye Chakra, or Ajna, is located between the eye brows and is the focus of perception in the body. The 6th Chakra also deals with precognition, the ability to see future events before they transpire. It is the link to Brahman in the Hindu religion through the subconscious mind. Yoga and meditation are important factors in opening up the Third Eye.
- The Crown Chakra, or Sahasrara in Sanskrit, is the center from which energy flows to the rest of the body. Sahasrara is described as a thousand petaled lotus of various colours. The 7th Chakra is the most subtle and the center of pure consciousness. It maintains balance through Universal energy and works to stabilize the other 6 Chakras.
Being in the moment requires a balance of all 7 Chakras. One of the ways to clear each Chakra is through meditation. Indians traditionally practice meditation to achieve a higher consciousness through the mind body spirit connection. During meditation each of the 7 Chakras can be targeted to identify where a blockage has occurred and how, through mindfulness, it can be cleared and rejuvenated. From the Crown Chakra to the Root Chakra, practicing mindful meditation can open up all 7 Chakras to restart the positive flow of energy to all parts of the body. Through meditations focus on deep breathing feelings of affirmation and happiness manifest and nourish the soul.
Meditation, like many practices in life, can be improved with commitment and consistency. This is especially important in giving the mind body and spirit a sense of collectiveness. To focus on breath and how it works to align the Crown Chakra with the other 6, it is important to work slowly and methodically to awaken and enlighten the spirit. Allowing the mind to blaze its own trail back to a centered existence is the search for the oneness that meditation strives for. By practicing the spiritual principals of meditation we can balance our energies and rejuvenate our Chakras, allowing energy to flow in and out of us without any impediments.
Meditation with Yoga can be a powerful way to nourish the soul by way of attentive self refection. Through the Throat Chakra impurity can be cleansed to foster a quieter mind, higher consciousness and increased enlightenment in communication. The notion of Vritti, how mental awareness is distributed within consciousness, can lead to increased spiritual perception of the Third Eye Chakra. The purpose of meditative Yoga is to calm the ripples of the mind and lead back to a union of Samadhi, calmness and purification of the mind. Yoga uses the Root Chakra to gain energy from the Earth and ground the self through that bond.
2. Drinking Chai
Another very important way in which the 7 Chakras can be opened and balanced is through drinking Chai. Yoga studios serve Chai, as it is known to open up the Chakras. Many Chai’s contain spices including ginger, turmeric and cinnamon that nourish and facilitate a release of the Chakras. The Crown is the source of balance for the other 6 Chakras and the place where the ultimate consciousness can be found. Chai Ghai’s Om Chai, takes this symbol to its highest meaning to expand the mind through positive vibrations and cultivate its connection with the body. Our Third Eye Chai with its pure vibes was created in order to enhance perception. This Chai has its origins at the top of the Himalaya Mountains after the second monsoon has nurtured the soil to its richest. The result is leaves grown of the highest quality. It nourishes our body while grounding us to the Earth. Third Eye Chai's main attribute is its ability to encourage extra sensory perception and elevated enlightenment.
The soil enriched spices help to create mindfulness of the surrounding environment and a strong association with the Earth. Through the Root Chakra this grounding of connectivity creates a potent base that stabilizes the center and nourishes the core. Our organic blends including Turmeric Chai also offer potent earthy flavours and anti-inflammatory properties to further fortify one’s foundation. When searching for a Chai with more therapeutic qualities look no further than our Belly Dancer blend that offers an immunity boost capable of staving off infections. Chai can also be a source for sexual and reproductive health as is the case with our Kama Sutra blend. The synergies of two human energies can be experienced in this sensual blend of ingredients that include rose pedals. Kama Sutra Chai can rejuvenate the sacral chakra, releasing inhibitions, and merging souls together. All of Chai Ghai’s different blends seek to open up the Chakras for maximum balance and mind body and spirit connection. Their nourishing properties and vibrant flavours will enhance consciousness and offer a time for calm reflection in which to achieve it reconnecting the body to homeostasis.
The use of Crystals as a source to create balance among the 7 Chakras is a practice that has been refined in Indian tradition for centuries. The 7 Chakras are found at vital points in the body and work collectively to center it. Each of the 7 Chakras has a corresponding colour that works to connect with the other Chakras and a Mantra to follow in conjunction with it, should the Chakras become blocked. Crystals act as energy conduits and work to properly synchronize the Chakras, so their energy can flow more purely, keeping obstructions to a minimum.
Crown Chakra: at the top of the head
Crystals: Clear Quartz: links to the Soul
Moonstone: used in fertility and love
Amethyst: boosts healing and self-esteem
Third Eye Chakra: between the eyebrows
Crystals: Sodalite: for intellect and clarity
Lapis Lazuli: promotes intuition
Sapphire: resolves issues and fosters ambition
Throat Chakra: in the throat
Crystals: Turquoise: as protection
Celestite: encourages peaceful communication
Blue Apatite: for creativity
Heart Chakra: near the center of the chest
Crystals: Rose Quartz: cultivates love and compassion
Amazonite: represents knowledge and guidance
Aventurine: aids in prosperity and optimism.
Solar Plexus Chakra: above the navel
Crystals: Agate: for strength and harmony,
Citrine: to encourage imagination,
Tiger’s Eye: to encourage prosperity and
Yellow Jade: for a boost in confidence.
Sacral Chakra: in the lower abdomen
Crystals: Amber: to manifest desires
Carnelian: to restore vitality
Root Chakra: at the base of the spine
Crystals: Red Jasper: grounds and absorbs negative energy
Garnet: helpful for cleansing
Hematite: endorse better relationships with others and the Earth.
The unity created between each Chakras colour and Mantra work together to keep the body’s stream of energy constantly moving, working quickly to unblock disruptions to its flow. Each Chakra also has a related Crystal that keeps it in balance and allows the Chakras to operate as instruments for the attributes that create who we are. They further seek to align the mind body and spirit connection into an equilibrium that promotes oneness. Each Crystal combines with its matching Chakra to improve their related attribute so they can vibrate in tune on their highest plane.
Practicing Meditation including Yoga, drinking Chai and being cognizant of how Crystals can effect well being are all enlightened ways to open up the 7 Chakras to a higher consciousness. Meditation, with its long tradition in Indian culture helps to create a bond with the Earth, as Yoga strives to take that energy from the Root Chakra through to the Crown Chakra, thus achieving balance. The 7 Chakras work in conjunction with their corresponding colours and Mantras to preserve the flow of energy throughout the body. Drinking Chai is an important proponent in maintaining our balance between the Chakras, as Chai’s healthy ingredients actively work to sharpen our awareness. Our chais are designed to continue the flow of energy through each of our chakras. Keeping the 7 Chakras in a harmonious balance benefits all facets of life and directly relates to more happiness, further allowing for a more efficient use of energy in the body. As we deviate from homeostasis as we become entrapped in man’s world, the use of these three techniques to reengage with spiritual world, allow us to rejuvenate our chakras, and return homeostasis.